We judge ourselves on what we believe we can do. Others judge us by what we've done.


20.4.11

R.I.P. Gerard Smith of TV On The Radio Dies

I was literally getting ready to head downtown to meet friends for drinks and walk over to legendary Detroit club St. Andrews what promised to be another amazing set by Brooklyn kings TV On The Radio...

Then, in my Facebook feed I see an announcement from the venue's page telling me that Gerard Smith, bassist in the group, has passed away and that the show has been canceled.
Smith (pictured below) has reportedly lost his battle with lung cancer this morning.  Our condolences to the band and Smith's family and friends.  Hopefully, these events will inspire this amazing act to take their careers to the highest of levels...
Gerard Smith
 TV On The Radio (Smith is second from the left)
 
Click HERE for the band's website

No comments: