We judge ourselves on what we believe we can do. Others judge us by what we've done.


29.10.08

Certified Dope: Viva La Hova: Coldplay/Jay-Z Mash-up

Yes, another mash-up. I know how most of you probably feel.

After the Grey Album there was an over saturation of mash-up mixtapes featuring all kinds of artists and even a corporate effort from MTV with Linkin Park and none other than Hova himself.

Even though we've heard these verses a million times it seems as though Jay-Z is the most accessible when it comes to these mash-up projects. Honestly, I wouldn't want to hear anyone else. You can name the other great emcees of our time and I'll say I'm not interested. Why? I don't really know. Maybe that's proof that he is the greatest of all time. But I do know why I keep coming back and listening to these mash-up projects (other than the fact it's free)

I do and I think we all get excited for these projects more for the instrumentals than the lyrics. I was truly excited for the Viva La Hova project because I wanted to see how the producers would interpret and manipulate the music of one of the world's greatest bands - and they didn't dissapoint. Case in point, go download this - it's free!

http://www.zshare.net/download/505862931bfff3a6/


No comments: